Obi Belt from Shirt Remnants
Print out the pattern obibeltpattern (Print at 100% A4)
- Front 22” x 6”
- Back 22” x 6”
- Interfacing 22” x 6” (Medium weight)
- Sewing thread
- Embroidery thread (Optional)
- Lace pieces (Optional)
- Ribbon 1” wide by 36” x 2
- For this Obi Belt I sewed together remnants of shirt materials left over from making the dresses, into one piece of material slightly bigger that the amount required for the front of the belt.
- Iron all of the seams flat.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Lay the pattern on the fold of the material, pin and cut out.
- Repeat on the interfacing.
- Iron the interfacing onto the back of the Obi Belt.
- Embellish the front of the belt to your requirements. I machine sewed on some small left over lace roses and hand embroidered a few lazy Daises stitches mixed with a random running stitch.
- Cut out the back section to the belt, again on the fold.
- Placing the Obi Belt right side to right side, machine sew along the length of the belt, top and bottom. Leaving open the end pieces.
- Turn the belt right side out and iron flat.
- Turn in the ends and insert the ribbon into each end, pin in place.
- Machine sew around the circumference of the Obi Belt. Remove pins.
The belt is now ready to wear.